Saturday, April 27, 2013

Day 10 - Israel 2013: Back to the 'H'

Day 10
Well the day of departure has arrived.  It's bitter sweet.  Just as with many other trips, it's been so nice, but in many ways I am ready to be back home.  The flight was early in the morning so we had to leave the hotel at 1AM; aka no sleep!  Again we spent another 16 hours of traveling in the air with short layovers in Vienna, Austria and Washington D.C.; this time using Austrian and United Airlines.  Now, what would a long trip be without a few problems.  Leyda and I were almost in a fairly major dilemma!  As I was disembarking the plane in Vienna, I only grabbed one of my carry-ons. After exiting the gate and waiting in the passport control line I realized I left my other carry-on on the plane. This was the bag that had both of our passports and Leyda's green card.  I told an airport employee where my bag was located, but he told me I had to go to the service center.  Ironically the service center was not very helpful.  After nearly begging them to help me, they finally got my bag after 30 minutes, just in time for my next flight.  Thank God we found our passports or we would have been stuck in limbo!  This makes me really appreciate Texas southern hospitality.  You don't find that in too many other places.

During our flight from Tel Aviv to Vienna I met a young Isreali man named Gil.  Gil and I conversed the entire duration of the flight speaking on sports, religion, and life in general.  He stated that he is a secular Jew and that he doesn't really follow the religion much. He allowed me to share the Gospel with him, so in a paragraph or two I told him the story of our Savior Jesus Christ.  I also read two scriptures and wrote them on paper for him to take (Romans 10:8-13 & John 3:16).   On my second flight I met a young agnostic man named Raistor from Slovenia who flew with us to Houston as well. We also conversed about general topics, and as we were waiting on our bags in Houston I was able to leave him a card with evangelism scriptures. I pray for Gil and Raistor to receive more knowledge of Jesus.

We made it back home at nighttime healthy, safe, and in one piece and all is well.  God willing, this should be the first of more trips to the Holy Land.  What an experience this was! I thank God for giving me the opportunity.  If you ever get the chance to visit the Israel, take it.  You'll love it!



Espanol
Pues hemos llegado al día de salida. Al igual que con muchos otros viajes, ha sido muy agradable, pero en muchos aspectos estoy listo para volver a casa. El vuelo era temprano en la mañana, así que tuvimos que dejar el hotel a las 01 a.m.,  (no dormir!) Una vez que pasamos otros 16 horas de viaje en el aire con paradas cortas en Viena y Washington DC, esta vez con Austrian y United Airlines. ¿qué sería un viaje largo sin haber algunos problemas? Leyda y yo estábamos casi en un muy gran dilema! Como yo estaba desembarcando del avión en Viena, me agarró uno de mis equipaje de mano. Después de salir de la puerta y esperando en la línea de control de pasaportes me di cuenta de que dejé mi otro equipaje de mano en el avión. Esta fue la bolsa que tenía tanto de nuestros pasaportes y la tarjeta verde de Leyda. Le dije a un empleado del aeropuerto donde se encontraba mi bolsa, pero él me dijo que tenía que ir al centro de servicio. Irónicamente, el centro de servicio no era muy servicial. Después de casi rogando para que me ayude, por fin tengo mi bolsa después de 30 minutos, justo a tiempo para mi próximo vuelo. Gracias a Dios que encontramos nuestros pasaportes y nos habríamos quedado atrapados en el limbo! Esto me hace realmente aprecio la hospitalidad del sur de Texas. Usted no encontrará esta en muchos otros lugares.

Durante nuestro vuelo desde Tel Aviv a Viena conocí a un hombre Isreali joven llamado Gil. Gil y yo conversamos toda la duración del vuelo hablando en los deportes, la religión y la vida en general. Afirmó que es un Judio secular y que en realidad no siguen la religión mucho. Él me permitió compartir el Evangelio con él, entonces en un párrafo o dos que le conté la historia de nuestro Salvador Jesucristo. También leí dos escrituras y los escribí en un papel para que él tome (Romanos 10:8-13 y Juan 3:16). En mi segundo viaje conocí a un hombre joven llamado agnóstico Raistor de Eslovenia que volaron con nosotros a Houston también. También conversamos sobre temas generales, y ya que estábamos esperando en nuestras bolsas en Houston tuve la oportunidad de dejarle una tarjeta con escrituras evangelismo. Ore por Gil y Raistor recibir más conocimiento de Jesús. 

Nos hizo volver a casa por la noche sanos, seguros y de una sola pieza y todo está bien. Si Dios quiere, este debe ser el primero de más viajes a la Tierra Santa. ¡Qué experiencia fue esta! Doy gracias a Dios por darme la oportunidad. Si alguna vez tienes la oportunidad de visitar Israel, tómalo. Te va a encantar!



Psalm 122:6
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee.

Romans 10:11-13
For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”



So Happy to find our Passports!  Thank God!

No comments:

Post a Comment